NAD CI 940 4-Channel Power Amplifier
The NAD CI-940 contains 4 channels of low distortion amplification and smoothly delivers the right amount of current for strong, but accurate, bass response. Designed to fit into standard rack units, the CI 940 is completely protected from both short circuit and overheating, and will automatically restore operation once a condition has been rectified. Easy integration is guaranteed with the option of either DC trigger or signal-sensing power-on with auto shut-off. Complete with a detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades, the CI 940 provides an expansive sonic experience unique in this category of product.
In stockShow all Products From
High Quality Distributed Audio
Designed by Engineer Emeritus, Bjørn Erik Edvardsen, the CI 940 represents NAD’s newest generation of high performance amplification for custom installation and distributed audio systems. The CI 940 can easily provide the instantaneous peak current required for good bass response by utilizing multiple discrete high power output devices. The power supply features a custom toroidal transformer that maintains very low impedance for lowest noise and amazing damping factor.
Power and Performance
The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.
Simplicity in Integration
Easy integration is assured by the choice of DC trigger or signal-sensing auto-on with auto shut-off. The CI 940 employs a sophisticated music-sensing circuit to prevent the false triggers common with noisy source components or other types of interference noise like RF leakage or ground loops.
The power cable is detachable for easy service or cable upgrade; the inputs and triggers offer daisy chain outputs. The amplifier is fully protected from short circuit and overheating and automatically restores operation after the condition is rectified. Indicator LEDs for each zone show protection status.
No worries, No hassle
The 2U rack height and included rack ears make good use of precious rack space. Thermostatically controlled forced air-cooling ensures a long trouble-free service life. Phoenix speaker connection blocks make installation a snap, and wiring further simplified. A bridging feature allows each pair of channels to become a single high power channel.
The CI 940 is everything you want for high quality distributed audio as NAD is in the top tier of all amplifier brands, consistently winning awards for both performance and value for money. Known for their warm, expansive and intensely musical sound, NAD amplifiers are designed to drive real world speaker loads. The NAD CI 940 will bring out the best performance from any speaker giving you the best possible listening experience. It is also very quiet with inaudible residual noise in no-signal conditions, important when using efficient speakers in small spaces. Energy efficiency is also impressive with <0.5W standby consumption and highly efficient power delivery.
- 35 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD with all channels driven
- 70 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (bridged)
- perfect for bi-amping stereo speakers, adding surround channels to a home theater system, or powering music zones in a multi-room audio system
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class AB amplifier with multiple discrete high-power output devices for high-quality sound and powerful bass
- signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
- 12-volt trigger/signal-sensing auto-on with auto shut-off
- custom toroidal power transformer for low noise and high damping factor
- two pairs of RCA preamp inputs let you play separate stereo sources in two zones
- line-level “loop through” outputs
- removable Phoenix-style speaker connectors for easier installation
- detachable power cord
- dual thermostat-controlled cooling fans
- Compact 2U Rack Height
- Rack mountable (brackets included)
In the box:
- 4-Channel power amplifier
- 6′ AC power cord
- 2 Phoenix-style connector blocks
- 2 Rack ears (installed w/ 8 screws)
- 2 End-caps
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
- Owner’s Manual
|Rated Power||35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms
70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode
|Frequency Response||20Hz – 20kHz THD 0.03%|
|Number of Channels||Four|
|Dimensions||19 1/16″ x 4 3/16″ x 12 3/4″, 15.35 lbs|