Low Price Guarantee!
Meet the HD 800 S
The HD 800 S redefines the audiophile listening experience. It’s capable of breaking down the barrier between audio recording and playback equipment connecting the listener directly to an artist’s original performance. In doing this, the power of emotion is delivered through music.
The HD 800 S by Sennheiser comprises a pair of open-back headphones designed for use in studio situations, particularly when referencing between monitors and cans. Its 56mm transducer is housed in stainless steel, while its headband and mounting utilize industrial, aerospace-grade materials to emphasize durability at a relatively light weight of 11.6 oz.
Masking Effect Reduction
Sennheiser’s proprietary sound absorber technology preserves the integrity of the highest of high ends by eliminating the “masking effect,” a phenomenon in which the ear struggles to hear particularly bright signals when lower-frequency material occurs simultaneously at a louder volume. In reducing this masking effect, every nuance of the frequency spectrum is represented and made audible.
- Open-back, circumaural dynamic sound reproduction achieved through absorber technology
- Additional cable with balanced XLR4 connector
- Matte-black metal parts
- Realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Large transducers with finely crafted dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for enhanced acoustics
- Handcrafted ear pads made of microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with an inner damping element
- Tuned and balanced impedance-matching cable with low capacitance
- High-precision headphone connectors
In the box
- Over-the-ear audiophile headphones
- 11.5’ Cable with 1/4” plug (attached)
- 11.25’ Balanced cable with 4-conductor XLR plug
- Microfiber cloth
- USB Flash Drive
- Instruction Manual