Final Audio Sonorous III Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones
With balanced armature driver units, iron is driven to produce sound, and as such, these drivers face a number of problems, amongst which are “proving tiring to listen to”, “having sound that is subtle and beautiful, but lacking in depth and being flat” and “lacking bass interval”. At final, we decided to focus on developing technology for the reproduction of bass tones and three-dimensional space with the full-range reproduction of a theoretically unproblematic single driver unit, rather than taking things in a multiway direction. We went back to the beginning and reviewed the performance of the balanced armature driver, focusing our attention on something we had previously overlooked ? airflow inside the housing. We developed BAM (Balancing Air Movement), a mechanism that optimizes airflow inside the housing through the creation of an aperture in the driver unit, which is usually sealed.
While achieving bass tones and deep, three-dimensional spatial representation, which proved difficult with single driver full-range reproduction, we achieved a BA type that at the same time made for natural listening the user doesn’t tire of.
- BAM mechanism that realizes bass tones and deep three-dimensional space reproduction
- Ear pads with an internal sound absorption section that contribute to clear sound quality
- Titanium diaphragm driver unit is integrated into the front plate
- Rigid ABS housing with textured finish
- Detachable cable with locking function
In the box
- Sonorous III Headphones
- 1.5m cable with locking function
- Quick start guide
Titanium diaghpram, + balanced armature