Audeze has quickly become an industry leader with their audiophile planar magnetic reference headphones. The LCD-2 headphones were the first model with the planar magnetic and Fazor technology to gain widespread acclaim. Their deep, low end bass response, smooth midrange, and beautiful clear highs provide a rich listening experience that even the most casual listener can fully appreciate.
Lifelike planar magnetic sound technology
Audeze’s planar magnetic high end level headphone are known for their expansive frequency response and sound accuracy. Planar magnetic drivers use a thin diaphragm with a larger surface area to generate sound, unlike the dynamic drivers commonly used in most headphones. The circuit is etched along the entire surface area of an extra thin diaphragm, which is held between two large magnets. The LCD-2’s utilize a powerful magnetic field, resulting in minimal amounts of distortion even at a higher volume. When the circuit receives a signal, it corresponds wit the magnetic field, making the diaphragm move back and forth. The result is a lifelike, spacious sound of the highest quality and integrity bringing the listener closer to the music than ever before.
Premium craftsmanship and protection
The LCD-2’s are crafted in the USA with a fine attention to detail. The earcups are made from composite bamboo appointed with a soft genuine sheepskin leather. They feature a detachable cable with a standard 1/4” plug for connection to a home stereo. This cable securely connects to each earcup using a 4-pin mini XLR connector. Connect the LCD-2’s to a headphone amplifier to fully utilize their potential. To keep your investment safe, Audeze includes a durable travel case. This is not the flimsy, soft case that is included with many other headphones on the market. The LCD-2’s come with a hardshell, waterproof case with a soft interior and carry handle to keep them safe whether traveling or securely storing them at home.
- Planar magnetic drivers offer low distortion, enhanced dynamics, and warm sound
- Fazor driver technology offers improved phase response, three-dimensional imaging, and extended frequency response
- Open-back design offers spacious sound
- Bamboo composite earcups with genuine lambskin leather earpads
- 98-inch tangle-free cable 4-pin mini XLR connectors for each earcup and
1/4” plug for connection to a home stereo or headphone amplifier
- includes rugged, waterproof travel case with an ultra-durable polypropylene shell and padded interior
In the box:
- 2.5m 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- 3.5mm to 1/4in stereo adapter
- Professional travel case
- Fazor elements
- Large ultra thin-film diaphragms
- Unique magnetic structure