Low Price Guarantee!
Dual Channel Chips
The X5 utilizes a pair of AKM AK4490EN DAC chips coupled to two dual-channel OPA1642 LPF chips and an OPA426 amplification chip for improved dynamic performance.
Dual Crystal Oscillators
Dual crystal oscillators ensure the lowest jitter and highest precision playback of music at any sample rate, reducing conversion artifacts.The player offers a 3.5mm single-ended headphone output and a separate 3.5mm line out/digital (coaxial) output. A 2.5mm balanced headphone output lets you use the headphones of your choice. The third-edition X5 has 32GB of onboard memory, which can be augmented with two microSDXC card slots.
Up to 10 hours of playback
The 3400mAh lithium-ion polymer battery provides up to 10 hours of playback under normal conditions. The Android-based user interface offers five unique themes, while the 2.4” IPS color touchscreen display offers easy navigation. The 10-band graphic EQ and the 120-step digital volume control allow for custom-tailored sound and levels.
Dual Dacs with Velvet Sound
The X5 3rd gen has one 32-bit AKM AK4490EN DAC per channel, each of which supports all PCM and DSD formats. AKM’s VELVET SOUND low-distortion architecture includes digital filtering with 32-bit processing for accurate sound reproduction.
- Along with a 3.5mm line-out/coaxial-out jack, the third-generation X5 has a standard single-ended 3.5mm headphone jack and a 2.5mm balanced TRRS headphone jack.
- The third-gen X5 has 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi for connecting to wireless LANs and Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX and DLNA for connecting to other devices.
- The micro-USB port enables use as a USB DAC for your computer or as a transport, outputting digital signals to an external DAC.
- The X5’s version of Android 5.1 has been customized by FiiO with a new audio software architecture to prevent third-party Android apps from automatically converting sample rates. The player can also be switched into Pure Music Mode, which switches off all apps other than the main music player for smooth operation and improved sound.
- The physical volume knob is recessed slightly to avoid changes in your pocket and has 45° grooves for quickly moving through 120 steps of volume control.
- The 3.8V 3400mAh battery lasts for approximately 10 hours when using the 3.5mm headphone jack and approximately 8 hours when using the 2.5mm jack. It can be charged at the standard BC 1.2 USB rate but also at 9 or 12 V rapid charging at a rate of up to 1.2A for a complete fill in as little as two hours.
In the Box
- FiiO X5 (3rd Gen) Portable High-Resolution Audio Player (Titanium)
- USB Cable
- Coaxial Digital Adapter Cable
- Clear Case
- Leatherette Case