Low Price Guarantee
Constant Current Drive
Groove’s output provides ample power at any impedance and Apogee’s Constant Current Drive™ technology makes your headphones sound their best. You’ll be amazed by the difference in sound quality – the precise stereo image, punchy bass and stunningly clear high-hats. Groove’s Constant Current Drive output stage dynamically compensates for the non-linearities – acoustic, mechanical or electrical – of any connected headphones, resulting in lower distortion and a more linear frequency response. Whether listening through earbuds or “hi-fi” headphones, you’ll discover a new level of fidelity, clarity and detail.
Recorded by Apogee. Played by Groove
For 30 years Apogee has been an innovator and industry leader in digital audio recording. From rock to classical, hip-hop to country, and reggae to jazz, the world’s most successful artists, producers and audio engineers rely on Apogee gear to capture GRAMMY winning recordings. Now, for the first time, Apogee Groove takes this same recording studio technology and makes it available in a simple take-anywhere device dedicated to delivering the ultimate listening experience.
Stunning Clarity & Fidelity
Whether you’re building your FLAC file collection or subscribing to a premium music streaming service, you are investing in a higher quality listening experience. Groove unlocks the full potential of that experience, revealing definition, clarity and details like you have never heard before.
Quad Sum DAC™
Groove also features a Quad Sum DAC design which employs four digital-to-analog converters per channel to achieve the highest dynamic range and lowest distortion (THD+N) of any device in its class.
ESS Sabre DAC Technology
ESS Sabre32 32-bit Hyperstream DAC with Time Domain Jitter Eliminator offers unequaled dynamic range, ultra low distortion, and unmatched audio clarity free from input jitter.
- THD+N: -107 dB with 600 Ohm load @ 16 dBu (-109 dB with 600 Ohm load @ 16 dBu-Anniversary Edition)
- THD+N: -100dB with 30 Ohm load @ 10.5 dBu (-101dB with 30 Ohm load @ 10.5 dBu-Anniversary Edition)
- Dynamic Range: 117dB a-weighted (119dB a-weighted-Anniversary Edition)
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 20K +/- 0.2dB (10Hz – 20K +/- 0.1dB-Anniversary Edition)
- Max output level:
- 225mW into 30 Ohm
- 40mW into 600 Ohm
- 8 channel ESS DAC (4 DACs per channel)
Mac OS: - Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster - Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended - OS: 10.8 or greater - Connection and power: Any available USB port - Driver: Mac Core Audio. No download or installation necessary. Windows OS: - PC or laptop manufactured after January 2006 - Intel Core 2 @ 1.6 GHz or AMD equivalent - Memory: 1 GB RAM minimum - Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) or greater - Connection and power: Any available USB port - Driver: Register to download from Apogee’s website
- Enhances your iTunes, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal or other music listening experience
- Constant Current Drive™ provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- Quad Sum DAC™, 4 DACs per channel for highest dynamic range and lowest distortion
- Asynchronous clocking
- Multi-color LEDs for status and level indication
- Powered by USB
- Top panel buttons for adjusting volume level
In the Box
- USB Cable (1′)
- Carrying pouch
- Product booklet (Quick Start Guide, Warranty Information)
- Instructions for download of software and complete documentation